Tuesday, October 31, 2006


My thought for the day....

Maddy and I took off for an adventure yesterday. A road trip to see friends that live 3 hours away. It was the absolute perfect day for travelling! The temperature was cool, the sun was shining, and the leaves on the trees were gorgeous! Maddy and I played games finding red, orange, brown, and golden trees. Some leaves were dancing just above the river, some flying along the road. I even opened the sun roof to allow some fesh air and sunlight to stream through. I brought a lovely collection of music to play for us too. We had children's praise music, Disney songs done by an orchestra, and a compilation of romantic jazz. Even with all this beauty surrounding me, all I could think about was my stress on the road. I was in the rush, rush, rush mode, and angry at traffic, slow moving cars, and the road construction! I had to sit at a complete stop for 15 minutes, then had to follow a line of cars for 7 miles at 35mph. I was fit to be tied, as they say. My tension had created knots in my stomach. I had made a schedule of exactly where I should be at exact times and was infuriated that I was not going to make those goals! Yes, I was very excited to get to my friend, so the anticipation added to the emotions. But really there was no neccessary time line, just my own impatience. I realized this and suddenly said out loud, " breathe, just enjoy the journey!" Why not take these moments that I have in this car and appreciate the beauty arround me? Amazing how we get caught up in our heads, with our own little agendas, and miss the big picture around us! My journey on the road was just breathtaking, and I almost missed it entirely. So my thought for all of us this week...

" Look around, and just enjoy the journey!"

3 comments:

LiteraryGirl said...

It feels a little odd commenting on your blog when you are upstairs at my house...

I'm only TWO hours away not THREE!

Anonymous said...

that is a great picture...wish I was there with you instead of here watching the 1978 version of "attack of the killer tomatoes"....it's super dumb!!!!

no surprise huh!

HollieHobbie said...

I've seen Attack of the Killer Tomatoes too! but I was 13.....haha