Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Perfectionistic Mommy learning to let go!

My idea of a Christmas tree......

Maddy's idea of a Christmas tree......






As a mother you have to learn to let go of a lot of things, have patience and self- control. This was one I didn't quite anticipate...AND I am constantly telling myself, "just leave it,just leave it alone". I'm not sure all that is even stuck in here, I've found baby Jesus from the nativity set, several animals from her "little people" zoo, childhood pictures of myself, and a cat toy. She is so enamored by this tree, she doesn't need anything for Christmas, this is it! It's the new toy in the house, and she plays under it all day! I'm glad for safey sake we have it wired to the wall ( we have 3 cats, who equally share Maddy's excitement for the tree!) . We're planning on getting a small 'real' tree this weekend, and it will be Maddy's to decorate however she sees fit. I think it'll be fun to make paper chains, and string popcorn ( which maybe not, cuz if I do, it will become the dog's favorite new toy?!) Hmmm.... fun to have kids!!! Then maybe I can run back to this tree and live out my perfectionistic fairy tale of perfectly spaced ornaments( ohhhhhh, that gets me excited..... sick, huh....? I guess there are worse obesessions........ )

No comments: